Films for Italy – You watch, we donate

Watch any film from our special program and we’ll donate 40% of the proceeds from every purchase to support Lombardy hospitals. As with all films from our library, the remaining 60% is paid to the film’s copyright holders, which means you’ll also be supporting Italian filmmakers during these difficult times.

Italy is now facing one of the worst impacts of the current global pandemic. Since its inception, DAFilms has been an international platform that links countries and continents together through film. And this is one of the reasons why we want to support Italy during this crisis. And you, our audience, can help us achieve this goal.

We recently included the debut film Stand In by Rä di Martino, which had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival. Set around the Moroccan city of Marrakesh, the film’s story centres on a film crew trying to find the best locations to create a remake of an American film. Packed with the same humour and feel of an Italian family drama, Between Sisters directed by Manu Gerosa is also a film you won’t want to miss. Our new film selection also includes works by such prominent, contemporary documentary filmmakers as Gianfranco Rosi (Below Sea Level) and the creative duo Massimo D'Anolfi and Martina Parenti (The Castle).

Join us in remembering why we love Italy so much and what makes this country so unique. Discover new films and creators of contemporary Italian cinema and support this country in these difficult times.

For every film played from this special programme, we’ll donate 40% of the proceeds to support hospitals in Lombardy. In Northern Italy, support of hospitals is mainly provided by the non-profit organisation Emergency. The remaining 60% of proceeds goes straight to the film’s copyright holders, which means you’ll be supporting Italian filmmakers in their future creative endeavours.

Find out more about the non-profit organisation Emergency and other financial support here: Emergency

Selected films

Comments

In order to add a comment please login or register first.

DAFilms.com is powered by Doc Alliance, a creative partnership of 7 key European documentary film festivals. Our aim is to advance the documentary genre, support its diversity and promote quality creative documentary films.

Doc Alliance Members

Join to get regular updates on our film program:

By sending the registration for the Newsletter, I consent to receiving commercial communications through electronic means and to related personal data processing required for the purposes of sending the Newsletter of Doc-Air, z.s. I confirm having read the Principles of Personal Data Processing, understanding the text and consenting to the same, while I acknowledge the rights specified herein, including, without limitation, the right to submit objections against direct marketing techniques.